Advanced technologies are bringing benefits to the majority of people. In recent years, the Internet of Things (IoT) started to play a major role in almost every aspect of life like health & fitness, automotive & logistics, smart homes, smart cities, and industrial IoT. Farming and agriculture have seen many technological transformations in the last few decades, becoming more industrialized and technology-driven.
With the implementation of modern-day farming techniques where plants can be grown with a mineral nutrient solution instead of soil, "Hydroponics" is rising. For controlling the Hydroponic plant growth, Internet of Things (IoT) has introduced machine to machine interaction and supervision of the hydroponic system autonomously and intelligently. IoT enabled devices in Hydroponics are used to monitor humidity, nutrient solution temperature, air temperature, PH and Electrical Conductivity.
In addition, "Aquaponics" also known as the integration of hydroponics with aquaculture, a food production method that has emerged to be a successful model of sustainable food production.
IoT based solutions focus on configuring and deploying smart water quality sensors that provide constant, remote and live information on a graphical interface. The continuous monitoring helps in facilitating healthy ecosystem management, which is favorable to the growth of fish and plants.
The IoT based solutions and automation has found applications in the modern world of farming and agriculture. By using smart agricultural technology, farmers have closed the supply-demand gap by parenting the livestock and growing crops, cutting costs, and optimized use of resources. IoT in agriculture technologies comprises specialized equipment, wireless connectivity, software, and IT services.
1. According to the Business Insider, the number of agricultural IoT devices installation will be 75 million by 2020, growing 20% annually.
2. According to Global News Wire, the global smart agricultural market price is expected to get tripled by 2025, reaching $15.3 billion.
1. More awareness and responsiveness: Products grown by farmers use to face degraded soil, decreased land availability and natural calamity. With the help of IoT enabled devices, farmers are observing their crops and their condition in real-time. They are well equipped in advance for future issues that can cause harm to their crops with the help of the real-time data.
2. Healthy Food Products: Farmers have lower down the use of harmful pesticides and fertilizers after the involvement of IoT based solutions. This resulted in more cleaner, fresh and organic food products in comparison with the old versioned agricultural methods.
3. Optimized Use of Resources: IoT based solutions primarily focus on optimizing the use of resources like water, energy, and land. Sensors in the fields help farmers precisely allocate enough resources that are going to be used in one plant at a time resulting in accurate farming.
4. Advanced Quality Products: Data-driven agriculture can recreate the favorable conditions which help in raising the nutritional value of the crops. So as to get a good amount of products along with better quality. Devices like soil and crop sensors, aerial drone monitoring and farm mapping have helped farmers understand the better interconnection between the condition and quality of the crops.
1. Accurate Farming: In Accurate Farming, IoT based solutions are used to make sure that soil and crops are getting exactly what they need for optimum health and productivity. The main agenda is to ensure productivity, sustainability, and protection of the environment.
2. Farming Drones- Presently, farmers have a variety of complex factors that influence the success of their farms.
Farming drones allow farmers to obtain real-time data that can be used to make better management decisions, improve crop yields, and increasing overall profitability. The real-time data includes livestock health, soil quality, nutrient measurements, weather and rainfall results, etc. With the help of this data a more accurate map of any existing issue can be seen, as well as optimized solutions that can be implemented.
Farming drones help in the following:
3. Real-time Stock Monitoring: IoT solutions use wearable devices such as electronic bands which are mounted on the animals, the built-in sensors in devices help to capture data and notify the farmers about heart rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure and digestion level that directly impacts on livestock health. IoT enables devices to track the movement patterns of animals, location and helps to optimize their grazing patterns.
IoT empowered farming has helped actualize present-day mechanical answers for dependable learning. This has helped overcome any issues among production, quality and amount yield. Information ingested by obtaining and importing data from different sensors for real-time use or capacity in a database guarantees quick activity and less harm to the harvests. With the consistent end to end keen tasks and improved business process execution, the product gets processed faster and arrives at stores in the quickest time conceivable.
Jellyfish Technologies has rich experience of developing IoT products. We have a highly experienced team of designers and engineers who have successfully converted the ideas of various international clients into IoT products and developed numerous IoT products such as:
1. Vehicle Tracking System (VTS)- Farmers can track their tractors in real-time with the help of VTS. The risk of fuel theft can be decreased as there are fuel sensors available. A panic button is also available for emergency situations that ensure vehicle security.
2. Smart Power Socket- This wifi smart power socket could provide the ability to control and schedule the agricultural appliances like Tubewells, wirelessly over the Wi-Fi network and the Internet.
As long as your phone has a network, you can remotely turn on or turn off your appliances from anywhere anytime by setting timing schedules. Energy usage tracking in real-time and alert notification during emergency situations (like electric short circuit) are also available.
3. Personal GPS Tracker- This device is an ideal way to track and locate the cattle and farming drones in real-time. It is portable, small and lightweight. Alerts are available whenever the set value of speed of cattles and drones reaches maximum.