What is Python?
Python is a general-purpose programming language that supports different programming paradigms such as object-oriented programming, functional programming, imperative programming, and procedural programming. This programming language is both easy to read and implement.
Python also serves as a scripting language for back-end development in web applications and allows programmers to use different program styles for simple and complex programs.
According to Forbes’s research on The 10 Technical Skills With Explosive Growth In Job Demand, Python saw the seventh-largest increase, with a 456% growth rate.
Key features of Python
- Python is fast and easy to learn, read, and implement.
- Python can support large programs and it provides an ideal structure.
- It supports dynamic type checking and offers high-level dynamic data types.
- This programming language can be integrated with Java, C, and C++ programming code.
- It comes with huge built-in modules and packages.
- Its code takes less time to develop than any other programming language, thus speeding up the development process.
- It is a client-side technology, thus it can perform basic calculations on the browser.
- It provides greater control to the browser by providing additional functionalities that help reduce server load and network traffic.
- It is easy to learn and code with.
- It has the capability to validate user input for errors, thereby saving time.
- It has a strong testing workflow
|Uses curly brackets.
|No built-in support for arrays in Python. Arrays implemented using lists.
|Provides support for arrays as inbuilt data types.
|Python includes a wide range of modules.
|Features inbuilt hash tables, called dictionaries, sets, among others.
|Has no provision for built-in hash table support.
|No implicit data type conversion happens in the programming language because of being a strongly typed programming language
|Uses of a class-based inheritance model.
|Uses a prototype-based inheritance model.
|Not a good fit for developing mobile applications.
|A good option for mobile development.
|Provides a huge standard library.
|Has a limited standard library.
|Follows the concept of mutability by dividing data into mutable and immutable types.
|Have several varieties of numeric data types, such as int, fixed-point decimal, and float.
|Only have floating-point variables.
|An ideal pick for tasks concerning data analytics, machine learning (ML), and math-intensive operations.
|An ideal pick for building a website or native application
Looking for a web application development company to partner with?
Jellyfish Technologies is one of the leading web development companies. It provides end-to-end web-based solutions covering UI/UX, front-end development, feature enhancement, API development & integration, back-end development, security, deployment, and maintenance.