The Healthcare Industry is considered a slow adopter of emerging technologies. But, it has started using the latest developing technologies, such as Mobile and Cloud Computing. The demand for low-cost high-quality medical services and competency between the healthcare service providers have been increased.
The healthcare domain requires trustworthy solutions that can increase their daily tasks, proficiency, and cost-effectiveness. Moving into the healthcare records, they include patient’s records (patient name, address, phone numbers, and medical history), it has to be secured and safe. Cloud computing is the ultimate solution to all the said parameters. The healthcare organizations are taking leverage of cloud computing services in doing research, analyzing a gene sequence or disease patterns. Cloud computing increases the real-time data collection and enhances the accessibility to the data. It is immensely used in remote patient monitoring. Based on the services, cloud computing can act as the following:
- As Software As A Service (SAAS), it can leisure the healthcare industries with on-demand hosted services, giving quick access to business apps and greatly executing Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- As Infrastructure As A Service (IAAS), it can allow on-demand computing and extensive storage for medical resources.
- As Platform As A Service (PAAS), it can bring an amplified secure environment for web-based services along with the deployment of cloud-based solutions.
Some of the benefits of the cloud-based solutions in healthcare are-
Security is a major concern in the healthcare industry as it contains the records of patients’ personal information that can be misused by anyone. Cloud-based servers help in increasing the security measures of healthcare providers. Since the servers have the automation of backups and several disaster recovery options available, therefore it allows the users to access the information remotely. Moreover, the cloud solutions offer risk management, monitoring services that can protect the users from illegal access and breaches. Amazon’s AWS (Amazon Web Services), Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure are the largest cloud providers so far, who take the security measures as their priority.
Flexibility and Scalability
Cloud-based solutions provide healthcare organizations the flexibility to adjust their data storage according to the requirement or patient’s flow. In other words, these solutions allow organizations to fulfill the fluctuating demands. This means that whenever there is a sudden increase in the number of patients, then, in that case, the cloud services scale itself accordingly resulting in on the spot medication available to the patients.
As the healthcare industry becoming digital, its potential to process the data has accelerated. Organizations have left behind the traditional methods of tracking the patient’s record in the batch format, they are now more focused on real-time monitoring of the patient’s health. This has resulted in improved methods of monitoring the patient’s health conditions and lowering the entire cost of the patient’s healthcare.
Cost and Time Effective
Cloud has the capability of storing a huge amount of information in a very cost-effective manner. Cloud computing has the Pay per usage and a subscription model, this means you only have to pay for those services which you are using. It further reduces the high pricing of hardware and capital expenditures. In addition, Cloud base solutions offer high speed and fast access to information which overcomes the hurdles patient’s and healthcare industries face while searching about the data about any patient.
Healthcare Applications In Cloud
- Video Cloud services for Telemedicine & Telehealth Services- This allows video conferencing from the device, location, and network of your choice. Cloud-based video solutions are accessible from any device via the internet and web browsers. Moreover, the video can be shared within the organization in just a few minutes on the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant privacy and security.
- Clinical Research- The medical research includes data gathering from the patient’s routine treatments. Such data can be stored in a software app and software database. In this way, the data is easily available to the organizations from the cloud archive.
- Big Data- The cloud servers have huge data sets for EHRs (Electronic Health Records), radiology images and genomic data for clinical drug trials. That is comparatively cheaper as compared to storing the hardware locally and provides effective treatment solutions.
- Medical Imaging- This includes storage, sharing, and computation of images. Cloud-based PACS (Picture Archival and Communication) offers 24*7 flexible radiology. It spreads the patient’s information among a group of doctors that share their expert solutions to the problem of the patient.
Future Scope Cloud in Healthcare Industry
Nudging Services through Artificial Intelligence
Healthcare Organizations utilize to assist patients in maintaining a healthier lifestyle. The future approach includes an approach that could be programmed or reprogrammed to encourage the benefits of maintaining healthier lifestyles. Hence, any change in the pattern of the lifestyle can alter health issues and can be informed through nudging wearable or trackable devices.
With the growing numbers of Tech Devices in Healthcare, like BP monitors, wearable devices, health trackers, pacemakers, etc. are the trendsetters. The devices are integrated with apps and architectures to send information to healthcare professionals across the globe. Nowadays, healthcare professionals are equipped with data of the patients which can be used for better analysis and research.
Cloud applications and services reshape the system from capital intensive to pay as per usage architecture. Cloud servers improve data handling and lower operating threats. Cloud is the latest technology having several advantages including cost-effectiveness, resource-saving, and flexibility. Jellyfish Technologies excels in offering Healthcare Software Development Services using the latest cloud computing solutions. We are proficient in developing cloud-based healthcare software according to the client’s business requirements, within a time-bound and cost-effective manner. You can reach out to our experts for further information.