With the advancement of technology, various healthcare organizations have introduced telemedicine services to treat all kinds of needs of their patients. These services not only improved the quality of the healthcare industry but also eliminated the need to travel back and forth between medical stores and clinics for consumers.
Telemedicine services were also highly utilized by consumers during COVID-19. It allowed healthcare professionals to improve the delivery of help when needed.
Let’s now look at some of the top ways in which telemedicine applications help patients and healthcare organizations around the world.
1. Real-time communication –
Telemedicine applications offer various features like video consultations, chat messaging, and sharing of medical records and images in real-time. Furthermore, the real-time communication provided by telemedicine apps allows patients to receive timely medical attention from their healthcare providers without the need for in-person visits.
Additionally, it saves time, effort, and travel for both the patient and the doctor.
2. Remote monitoring –
Various remote monitoring applications in the market enable patients to know their heart rate, vital signs, weight, blood pressure, etc. This data is then collected and sent to the doctor with the help of telehealth software. Furthermore, these applications immediately alert physicians when the remote monitoring system detects irregularities.
Below are some benefits of using remote monitoring applications:
- Continuous tracking of heart rate and blood pressure
- Constant monitoring for patients with dementia
- Infertility monitoring and treatment
- Tracking basic health status
- Counting calories intake
3. Telephone communication –
Telephone and mobile communication in the telemedicine sector work efficiently during emergencies. It enables remote medical consultations and follow-up visits where patients can communicate with their healthcare providers, discusses their symptoms, and receive medical advice through their mobile phones.
Additionally, these applications provide secure and encrypted communication channels to protect patient privacy and comply with healthcare regulations.
4. Store and forward mode –
Store and forward mode help collect patient data or clinical information which is sent to other sites for analysis and evaluation. This data mostly has all the history and records of patients, lab reports, documents, etc. Furthermore, the information is sent through a secured and private channel to keep the data safe.
Benefits of telemedicine services
There are various benefits that telemedicine services bring to the healthcare system and nursing homes. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Analytical software enables the elderly to send notifications to their doctors in case of any abnormality or emergency. It also helps in the provision of quick check-ups or solutions, saves time and money, and allows the patient to receive personalized care
- It makes people more involved and educated about healthcare
- Remote treatment is easily possible and reliable with telemedicine applications
- Web applications, such as Health Buddy make it simple to generate data on biometric measurements and test outcomes
- It notifies the clinic during emergencies, allowing them to take early action
- Heart patients, pregnant women, post-operative patients, and diabetic patients can all be monitored remotely
- Apps and devices can help remind patients to take their medication on time or notify them of their regular healthcare activities and routine check-ups
Future of telemedicine services
Telemedicine services have become an integral part of healthcare infrastructure over the past decade due to rapidly evolving approaches. According to Statista, the global telemedicine market was valued at some 50 billion U.S. dollars in 2019 and is expected to grow to nearly 460 billion U.S. dollars by 2030.
With the merging of technology and devices, there is a potential to save lives and offer quick and efficient treatment. The integration of telemedicine software enhances patient
communication with specialists, reduces costs, increases reliability, saves time, and minimizes the risk of errors. Furthermore, the use of telemedicine software has not only enabled healthcare professionals to reach a broader range of patients but has also made healthcare more accessible to individuals living in remote or rural areas.
Healthcare is one of the important sectors that need the utmost attention and advanced technologies to make services easier for everyone. Telemedicine has emerged as a valuable tool in the healthcare industry, offering robust features and services that enable patients and elderly individuals in nursing homes to access medical care from the comfort of their homes.
If you need high-quality software to provide telemedicine services, you’ve come to the right place. Jellyfish Technologies has skilled developers who can assist you in achieving your objectives and help your organization treat a number of patients with the best care.