Did you know?
According to Statista, by 2025, global data generation is expected to exceed 180 zettabytes.
Shocking, isn’t it?
Well, data is developing at an incredible rate, making it difficult to comprehend, analyze, and display enormous amounts of it. Hence, the rise of data visualization among businesses around the world.
Let’s take a look at some of the top benefits offered by data visualization to businesses and how it works.
How does data visualization work?
Data visualization is used to convert a variety of data into widgets to make them meaningful and understandable. It can process all kinds of data, such as files, and web API data, among others.
Data visualization provides various features, such as enhanced connectivity with data sources, interactive visual creation, data sharing, and data security.
Top benefits of data visualization for businesses
- Easy data analysis –The rise of big data has compelled businesses to collect and store massive amounts of data. However, when it comes to data processing, data visualization easily analyzes different reports such as marketing, sales, product distribution strategies, and so on. Furthermore, these analyses make it easier for stakeholders to take important profit-generating decisions.
- Better understanding of business operations –Data visualization allows businesses to clearly understand and connect with various operations that take place within the organization. It enables them to find meaningful correlations in the data and its durations. Additionally, it allows them to quickly understand and analyze critical business metrics by finding the areas that need improvement.Furthermore, senior leadership and management teams can effectively manage routine business operations with this multifaceted view of business and its operating dynamics.
- Quick decision-making –When data becomes understandable in a visual format, decision-making gets even faster. According to the researchers at the American Management Association, data visualization reduces meeting time by 24 percent.This data can also be easily understood by non-technical parties to make critical decisions. Furthermore, it allows the sales team to gain a better understanding of consumer behavior by uncovering useful information from vast amounts of data.
- Quick decision-making enables the team to complete the task on time while also attracting customers through storytelling.
- Identification of business trends and patterns –Data visualization is an excellent tool for identifying market trends and patterns.Businesses base their decisions on customer assumptions and behavior, changes in market trends across multiple datasets, changes in business performance, and a variety of other factors. The more data businesses collect and analyze to develop an actionable plan, the easier it gets to satisfy their customers’ needs.Furthermore, by leveraging advanced analytics and using real-time data visualization, companies can improve their forecasts dramatically.
- Efficient relationship between the operations and result –Data visualization informs decision-makers about any anomalies or problems that arise during the process, allowing them to correct them. In a matter of seconds, decision-makers can drill down into the data and learn more about what operational conditions or decisions are at play and how they relate to the metrics at hand.Data being easily accessible and understandable, businesses can quickly make decisions by analyzing data and taking corrective action accordingly.
With data visualization, businesses can access their true data potential and become more effective and efficient. According to a report, organizations that use data visualization are 28 percent more likely to have timely access to information than others.
If you’re yet to enjoy the benefits of data visualization and want to get started, you’ve come to the right place. Jellyfish Technologies provides advanced data visualization tools to businesses, attracting modern customers and making your business operations easily understandable to all.